My friend Khrista Collins is in critical condition after complications while giving birth to her daughter.
Khrista’s family is trusting in Christ, but prayer is needed for healing and peace.
Jeff is her husband, Sophie is her baby daughter.
The Lord sits enthroned over the flood;
The Lord sits enthroned as king forever.
May the Lord give strength to his people!
May the Lord bless his people with peace!
My friend Lacey also wrote about Khrista here.
Update #1: Khrista’s husband updated on facebook. Here are a few of the updates:
- Khrista’s body seems to be healing like it should.
- She doesn’t appear to have any brain damage.
- She seems to have control of her motor skills.
- She is still on a ventilator, but they turned it down tonight.
- She is improving, but not out of the woods.
- They are going to attempt to remove the breathing tube this afternoon
- They have begun to reduce the sedative by half.
- Pray that it is successful and that she is comforted during this experience.
- She may get to see the baby for the second time (she held her for 15 minutes after delivery) either today or tomorrow depending on if the tube is removed successfully.
- Vitals are holding steady and swelling is decreasing.
- They have removed the tube. She is talking, moving, and breathing on her own. Vitals remain steady. (!!!)
Praise the Lord! Keep Praying!